Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 1 - this gets easier right?

Today is May 11, 2013 and the first day of my exercise plan. I get to the park right down the street from my house and set my countdown clock on my cell phone for 30 minutes. I push start and think to myself 30 minutes is easy. Six minutes later my legs were sore and I was out of breath. I look down at the clock thinking it must be wrong! I have 24 minutes left and I feel like I have just run a marathon! I focus on the fact that this is the first day and I cannot quit. So I push on.

A literal push of the double stroller with my 1 and 2 year old boys in it told me I was not going to make it much longer so I left them by a bench with my 8 year old daughter. It is amazing the difference walking at a brisk pace without pushing an extra 100 pounds makes! I won't say I was home free yet though. I was still hurting and still had 15 minutes to go.

The weather was perfect though. A light breeze and even some rain drops helped keep me cool and distracted. I kept checking my countdown clock thinking surly I was reaching the end by now. I passed the kids more times then I could count but they seemed perfectly happy being out in the fresh air.

As the 30 minute mark approached I felt a sense of pride. A sense of accomplishment. I made it through day one! I just have one question now, this is going to get easier right????

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Lisa! I can sympathize completely with no longer being able to eat whatever I want and lead a sedentary lifestyle without consequence. I promise it will get easier for you, and you will need to remind yourself of that many times. But the first time you are able to walk your entire distance and feel good, you'll realize how far you've come. Keep at it, I am rooting for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn!! That gives me the boost I need. Thank you for joining me on this journey!

    ReplyDelete